If I Ever Open My Dream Store....

I will have this sign!

Manners first. No matter how busy we get, and we get busy, those are real people across the counter and deserve our attention.

I also hate when the salespeople chit chat with each other in front of me. Of course, if there is some really vital information (ie gossip) they are passing on, then I don't mind so much.

People first; gadgets second (well not actually second - that would be chocolate) right - people, chocolate, gadgets (and of course, Olive would be in there somewhere, too)

and I know there is a person on the other end of the phone (unless you are one of those people practicing conversations that you are not really having- really- I saw this on the news- people walk around talking to no one on their cell phones!), but the person in front of us always comes first.

So the people in front of us, animals (well, dogs anyway- sorry cat people), chocolate and then gadgets....

5 comments

Sherry said...

I totally agree, and if I may just add, I think folks that loudly talk on their phone during their entire Home Depot or supermarket trip, should also be silenced.

Catherine Ivins said...

totally Sherry!

Cristin said...

Here here sister! When I have my own shop.... I need that sign too :-)

Sydney said...

AAAAAAAAAAMEN!! I was to slap the phones out of peoples hands when they walk up to a register while talking on them. It's beyond ignorant and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has issues with this.

Xenotees said...

I'm with you all the way!