The Post About Beer and Gutters


I got my amazing vintage coaster collection in the mail today from Etsy's wonderful vintage shop EveryEskimo and they are perfect!

We are thinking of making hubby's customers Christmas gifts of homemade beer and these coasters (after I figure out how best to encase them in glass and cork). In the meantime, I am going to display a few in my studio with some metal gutter covers (and magnetic hooks- could also work with clothes pins) from a garage sale.




And while I am in here with my camera here's a little hanger project I'm working on for a display (although a storm has suddenly kicked up and my sun is gone). I saw some hangers in a magazine recently

(sorry- I'm not sure which one, I didn't actually buy it, just kind of did a drive-by skimming at the register)

but I think they had filled them with wallpaper.

Just use the hanger as a template and get out your glue gun- so easy it's ridiculous (just the way I like these kind of projects). I just used scrapbook paper and cardboard and then threw in a little cork for luck. No idea what I am going to do with these, but they are just so cute I'm going to go ahead and make a dozen (the hangers are from Ikea).

3 comments

myan said...

those hangers are darling! what a great idea!

i saw your work on kate8085's fab blog & fell in love instantly! :)

oh, albatross said...

the coasters look so good the way you have them displayed! so glad you are happy with them... i always love when things find the perfect home!

thanks so much for the love! i'm still giddy with how amazing they look the way you hung them. gorgeous and resourceful.

f2images said...

You are so clever! I should have put you in charge of my craft show display!! Seriously....hangers look super cool. Gutter guards and clipboards...super cool. Thanks for sharing!

Emi ;)