It's Like We Don't Even Know Each Other ... or let's see how many times I can use the words like and all in the same post


So hubby goes out last night and spends about 3 hours driving from Blockbuster to Blockbuster looking for Apocalypse Now because he just has to see it again.

I'm calling him up- like Dude- where are you??

(for a few seconds I had jealous visions of his ex-girlfriend who had recently moved back to town, but then I remembered seeing her in the Shop N Bag wearing slouch socks and muttering to herself about the price of bagels)

And he's like - I'm at Target - I'm going to buy it- that way we always have it.

(okay...)

So, he comes home awhile later with his movie and a GIGANTIC carpet steamer and I'm all like- WT(bleep), why did you buy a carpet steamer?

And he's all - "It's for you - I know you wanted one".

And I'm all - "It's like you've never even met me".

(I should also state that this is the same man who once ran to the store for shampoo when I was in the shower and we were out and he had been given only the instructions of no Breck - I don't think our local convenience store has restocked its shampoo aisle since 1984 - and he returned with a bottle of Breck conditioner)

So we make an on the spot decision that we need to reconnect with a little just the two of us roadtrip which I will keep you all posted on- plus my car has finally stopped smelling like cool ranch doritos and gas station coffee from the last road trip and I kind of miss it ....

Now we just have to decide if there is still time to head south and pretend it is still summer or just give in and head north and face the cold winds of autumn ...


1. Travel Size Vegan Soap by LongWinterFarm
2. Toasty Textures Fingerless Gloves by TickledPinkKnits
3. Traveler Bag by JennyNDesign
4. Recording Diary by 7321Design
5. Green Car Necklace by Sushipot

ETSY SPECIAL - Get a free pair of matching earrings with any necklace order from either of my shops Uncorked or Polarity by mentioning the words - Time for a Roadtrip (or some such nonsense) in the comments to seller section of your order thru 10/11!

9 comments

Beth Howard said...

rofl

Enjoy the trip! ...and all boys are like that. ALL of them.

Bridget said...

lol thanks for sharing...was he hinting that the carpets need to be cleaned? have a great time on your road trip

holly aka golly said...

Ah, that's a funny story, Cat! When I was married, one of my dear cousins took me aside and whispered this sage advice: NEVER accept an appliance as a gift. That is a gift for the house, not for you!

Jane Pierce aka zJayne said...

too funny... I can totally understand the -no Breck- request (been to the store where that is remaining) . . . always an enjoyable read.

LocustSt said...

ahhh yes... breck conditioner... the same reason I'm first excited and then declining my husbands offer to ever run to the grocery store for us.

Anonymous said...

Love the corky way you write! That was hilarious reading your post!!

June Shin said...

haha! funny story. thanks for sharing!

Lory said...

ROFL! Sounds familiar...

Enjoy your roadtrip!

And this if for you, Cat...
http://the-sunshine-studio.blogspot.com/2009/10/kreativ-blogger.html

Xenotees said...

TOO FUNNY! I have to APOCALYPSE now Cat, NOW!

I hope you take a trip VERY soon- you guys deserve it. I would heartily suggest a trip to Maine- Bar Harbor is perfect this time of year! Gotta get to it before it gets too crazy to get away!