This week kicks off my 2nd annual holiday recycled handmade gift tutorial countdown to Christmas!
(say that two times fast, will ya)
A favorite easy peasy gift I like to make for people are magnetboards created from their favorite old t-shirts!
You can use any size frame for this - you can even make sets of framed magnetboards from the same t-shirt.
You will need:
1 piece of sheetmetal from the hardware/home improvement store- the thinner the better
staple gun, scissors, marker, sheetmetal cutters (heavy duty scissors can be used, too)
1. mark sheetmetal using the paper template inside your frame
2. cut sheetmetal to size
3. cut t-shirt about 1" larger than template on each size
3. place the corrugated cardboard that came with your frame behind the sheetmetal and stretch the tshirt over top
4. staple the tshirt to the cardboard (the sheetmetal should be directly under the t-shirt)
5. slip it into your frame
You will just need to add some favorite magnets (and if you follow my blog and need up to 3 magnet lids - you will just have to glue a magnet to each - just email me through the contact link at right with your address and what you would like on them - here I have used some favorite Dylan lyrics - I will pop them in the mail to you for free).
More recycled tutorials here including last year's gift countdown!
And if you want to hold onto your own t's- it is hard for me to part with mine- you can find some amazing recycled t's for sale on Etsy:
1. recycled rug by talking squid
2. recycled flowers by marang97
3. recycled bracelet by AnnDoraCraft
4. recycled necklace by kewpiedolly
5. zjayne's amazing recycled wristlets