Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Upcycled Tutorial - Plastic Tube Necklace with Switchable Inserts and VALENTINE'S DAY LOVE NOTE!
The paper inside the plastic tubing easily switches out for different looks and you can package this with a few slips of colorful scrapbook paper.
For the supplies to make one of these yourself - just add your own colorful papers and a little elbow grease - contact me by 2/7/15 using the LET'S CHAT button, lower right column. There is just a $2.00 shipping fee to get one set right out to you.
1. cut tubing to the size you would like (I've cut mine to 2.5")
2. screw eyehooks into your end caps
3. add slipring and tie on your cording
4. cut paper to size (I've cut mine to 1.5")
5. roll paper and push into the center, add your ends
6. cut and tie off your cording (I have added hardware to mine)
This makes a great kid's project, too - if you can get the kids making your gifts for you, you will be way ahead of the game!
(and by way ahead of the game, I mean passed out on the couch, feet up, pinot empty on the coffee table)
Don't forget to add a little LOVE NOTE for Valentine's Day to the back of the paper!