venus in scorpio eclipsed by the moon as they square pluto | september 14th, 2026 - what happens when Venus disappears and the deeper choice emerges


Lunar occultations of Venus (almost like an Eclipse of Venus) are relatively rare because the Moon’s orbit is tilted about 5-degrees relative to the ecliptic. This tilt means that the Moon usually passes above or below Venus. But maybe two or three times a year, the Moon's orbital path crosses the line of sight between the Earth and Venus and Venus kind of “winks out” and then reappears on the other side of the Moon’s edge. 


In 2026, the Moon eclipses Venus on June 17th, 2026, September 14th, 2026, and finally on November 7th, 2026. The Eclipse of Venus this week (and you may already be feeling this, I know I am) is especially potent because not only is it happening with the Moon and Venus in deep/intense Scorpio, but they are in a square to Scorpio's modern ruler Pluto! 


Let's unpack this because it is hitting me like an Eclipse and maybe it is some of you, too. And just when we thought Eclipse season was over! PLUS, we have Venus walking degrees she is going to re-walk (which means we will, too) and the Venus/Pluto square is a three-peating aspect this fall that perfects this week for the first time. 


OK, so the question is - what happens when the Moon temporarily takes Venus out of the picture? 


Venus is normally the part of us asking - what is fair? what do you want from me, and what do I want from you? how do we remain connected? how do I preserve this relationship? More than than this, but we will mostly focus on RELATIONSHIPS in this post. And Scorpio Venus can make those questions much more emotionally charged and intense because Venus in Scorpio doesn't just notice whether our exchanges are balanced. She notices who has the LEVERAGE. Who has more power? Who knows what? Who is withholding what? Who owes whom? Who is getting away with something? Who is making the other person react? The desire for balance/fairness can become an obsession. 


AND THEN COMES THE MOON. 


And even in Scorpio, the Moon is the 'real' unconditional love. We think of Venus as "love" and she is, BUT WITH VENUS THERE ARE CONDITIONS :) The Moon/the mother not so much. She just loves. Now, the Moon doesn't come in and defeat/overpower Venus. Not at all. She COVERS HER. The Moon temporarily removes Venus from visibility. It's almost as though the maternal/familial principle is saying - you don't have to solve the relationship right now. Or you don't have to answer the power struggle on its own terms. Or even - there are things more important than being right.


And keep in mind the Moon in Scorpio isn't a soft, sentimental Moon. She's the Moon that knows about survival, loyalty, vulnerability, secrets, consequences and the things we protect because they matter deeply/are sometimes even life-and-death. So when she passes over Venus, she isn't suppressing Venus. She is interrupting Venus. And Venus in Scorpio through that square to Pluto is entangled in some kind of DRAMA. So, the Moon comes in and INTERRUPTS this drama. 


And then we have the beautiful part because after the interruption - Venus reappears. Now, we have to keep in mind that astrology is symbolic, so although this is happening in a matter of minutes, like an Eclipse it can play out over a much longer time span. Especially for people who are especially sensitive to stuff like this and for people with planets/points involved. And also keep in mind - when I say "people with planets/points involved" that empty space in your astrology chart is no emptier than the dark matter in space and the 'junk' DNA in your body. The blank space is actually FILLED WITH ASTEROIDS and other objects and those energies/stories are waking up and we are re-connecting to them. So, if this whole thing feels personal to you, I would assume something important is in that part of your chart even if you can't see it yet. 


So when Venus blinks out - and just like a Lunar/Solar Eclipse this blinking things isn't visible from everywhere - we get this Venusian reset like the reset we get from a regular Eclipse - except this is our Venusian principal. The Venus in Scorpio AND the Venus in your own chart. 


This 'Venus Eclipse' gives us a very different interpretation of this first pass of the three-peating Venus/Pluto square we have this week - we can temporarily remove ourselves from the power struggle without surrendering our values. We can step out of the drama without giving up our position. We can choose not to engage without deciding that what happened was acceptable. We can preserve evidence/know a secret without immediately deploying it,  


You can say, I know what happened. I know what I saw. I know what I stand for. And I don't necessarily have to prove it today. That feels particularly important with Scorpio. Because Scorpio's great temptation is something like - if I know the truth, I need to expose it. But Scorpio's deeper wisdom is something like - I don't need to reveal everything I know simply because I know it. There is enormous power in strategic silence. And that is where Pluto enters. Because Venus squaring Pluto - and remember this is a LONG STORY because we will get this aspect 3 times this fall - doesn't say that somebody wins. It is more narrowly showing a confrontation with power.


Venus says - I want reciprocity. I want fairness. I want to be treated with respect. And Pluto says- but who actually has the power to determine what happens? And these are fixed signs and the square is between Scorpio/our intimate reality and Aquarius/the larger system. We don't have to defeat the institution to reclaim our power. Sometimes the most Plutonic/powerful thing we can do is stop allowing the institution to determine the emotional terms of our life.


"This is wrong. Someone has overstepped. I need to make this visible. I need to make sure this cannot simply be buried." This is all very much the Magdalena/witness energy from the New Moon sitting with Mercury that we talked about HEREThat's very Venus/Pluto in Scorpio. AND there is another voice asking something else. "What actually matters most here? What kind of environment do I want for the people I love? What is worth spending my emotional capital on? Does pursuing this particular battle serve the larger thing I am trying to protect?" That's the Moon!


And maybe most importantly, the Moon doesn't tell Venus that she was wrong. She simply puts her behind the veil for a moment. We could choose to let something go without pretending it didn't happen. We could choose not to escalate without becoming powerless. And if circumstances change later, Venus comes back out from behind the Moon. The truth still exists. Our experience still exists. Our ability to act hasn't disappeared simply because we chose not to act today. Remember how the New Moon made that one sextile to Mars and then went void for quite a long time. Sometimes the most powerful choice we can make is to choose to not make the choice when we are angry or reactive.


Let Venus disappear.


Let the immediate desire for balance, justice, acknowledgment, reciprocity, vindication - all of it or any of it - temporarily disappear behind the Moon. Let our maternal instinct have the microphone. What remains as real when our need to win the argument disappears? What remains when the other person's behavior is no longer the center of the story? What remains when we ask ourselves what we want to protect? And then Venus reappears. And maybe she is no longer asking whether or not she won. 


And of course, Venus is more than about relationships and there are many, many ways this can play out. Venus/Pluto can also have a FINANCIAL expression and that symbolism can be even easier to see because both Venus and Pluto have connections to finances. Venus is literally money, resources, value, exchange and what we believe we are entitled to receive.


Imagine someone is in a financial situation involving unequal power - a business partnership, marriage, inheritance, divorce settlement, debt, salary negotiation, shared property, investment or even a family financial dispute. Someone may become intensely focused on who has more money or resources or who controls the account/property/decision or who owes whom or whether something is fair, yada yada, you get the idea. And Pluto can make the stakes feel enormous. So, a salary negotiation makes us think, “they don't value me" or an inheritance disagreement becomes “they have always tried to control me.” Or a business dispute becomes “If I let this go, they win.” That's the shadow side of Venus/Pluto where value becomes fused/confused with power.


The immediate Venus/Pluto response might be - expose it. Confront them. Demand everything we are owed. But the Moon passes over Venus. And maybe suddenly the question becomes - what do I actually need? It can stop - at least for a time - being about how much we can get or how to make someone pay or prove they are wrong. The Moon in Scorpio turns the question toward - what protects my security?


So maybe if we are pursuing every dollar and then suddenly realize this will cost us maybe years of litigation, enormous emotional energy and a relationship that still matters to us. Or maybe the opposite happens - the Moon reveals that we have been sacrificing our own security to preserve a relationship that is at its core exploitative.


Because the Moon's intervention doesn't automatically mean let it go. It means STOP and determine what you are actually protecting. And sometimes the answer will be - my home, my family, my future. I can walk away. And sometimes the answer will be - my financial security, my dignity, my children's inheritance. I cannot walk away from this. THE SAME ASTROLOGY CAN PRODUCE EITHER DECISION because astrology is weather/background/circumstances, the decision is up to us


And this is where the Scorpio Moon can be particularly WISE because Scorpio understands about the kind of resources that cannot easily be replaced. She knows that money isn't always just money. Money can be security, survival, independence, trust, family continuity, freedom, the ability to leave, the ability to say no.


So the Scorpio Moon may temporarily block Venus's desire to balance the scales so that we can determine which resources actually matter. 


And then Venus reappears. 


But just as the Sun has been changed when he gets Eclipsed/resest by the Moon, so is Venus. 


So now maybe she is thinking - I don't need everything, but I do need enough. Or this isn't worth fighting over. Or, actually, this IS worth fighting for.


Sometimes when the Moon occults Venus - money can temporarily disappear. Sometimes literally. Watch your wallet. Credit cards. Then Venus reappears. The money may be recovered. Or re-distributed. Or re-negotiated. Or maybe we realize we don't need the thing we thought we couldn't live without.


Either way, these somewhat rare Eclipses of Venus are designed to help SHIFT our relationship to what we truly value. 


The Moon gives Venus a moment out of the spotlight - we can't feel her/see her for a moment. And keep in mind this applies through Venus in Scorpio, but your own Venus by sign and house is impacted, too.


And sometimes that brief disappearance is exactly what allows us to separate our values from the power struggle surrounding them.


xo all


Keep in mind Venus in Scorpio (and Libra) is going to color the fall of 2026/next two months, so what we have going on now - with our relationships, money, resources, relationship to power, etc, is an important chapter it will pay off for us to pay attention to. 

No comments