we are all Japanese now ...


our only planet and its people - our brothers and sisters - are hurting.

I remember the days after the Three Mile Island explosion when we thought the reactor could meltdown and no one knew what would happen (they still don't) and how scared we were and my family trying to figure out what to do and where we should go. Although I was a kid, my eco-leanings truly formed around that time period and the little knot of fear that formed around the words 'nuclear energy' never really unraveled.

Sending white healing light, love and strength to the amazing people of Japan - there is truly only one of us here.

5 comments

Viktoria said...

Yes we only have one planet together!
In these days I remember tschernobyl, when I was pregnant and we had this contaminated cloud going in our direction and the rain did the rest. Austria had decided not to have nuclear power stations, but you can do nothing against radiation! We had contamination, and were required not to drink milk for weeks and for years the mushrooms in the forests showed slightly radioactivity.
Let´s hope for all the people of Japan, and let´s hope for change of thinking about this dangerous energy!

Catherine Ivins said...

xo to you Viktoria

Brenda said...

Absolutely, Cat. I was one of the clueless re Three Mile Island - I just didn't understand the enormity!

Kelly Lish said...

Yes, we are one. My heart breaks for all those suffering in Japan. So difficult to see all the devestation. My prayers are going out to them, and I love how you wrote "we are all Japanese now"
Love to you Cat
Kelly

Catherine Ivins said...

xo back to you Kelly!

I understand completely Brenda- and I don't always get the CA wildfires and earthquake fears- I do now though...