Aies Moon | resistance, urgency

porcelain by L-N-E

Today's Aries Moon (first quarter square) is opposing Jupiter, squaring Pluto and the Sun and conjuncting Uranus. There are power struggles and disagreements. That supportive angle to revolutionary Uranus tells us that fresh approaches are best. Mercury still retrograde tells us we don't know what we don't know. Things will be clearer after Mercury stations direct on Sunday.

We could be feeling a strong push to do something. We could also be feeling a strong resistance to doing anything. First quarter Moons are a time of action. They are also the time the first tension and problems hit whatever launches at the New Moon. There is pressure. Decisions (and sitting things out and not making any) will have ramifications. What do we really want to do? And what can we live with? More stability is needed ... or more freedom.

Jupiter in Libra says expansion comes through balance and fairness now.

I have a friend who has a job she loves/hates. She loves the work. She hates the finances of it. She doesn't make enough money and her job is too many hours and leaves her too depleted to make extra money in another way. She's been in this loop for years. Well, now a situation has come along that is forcing her hand. Something has to change. She has to change it. She doesn't know what to do, but this love/hate thing is keeping her stuck.

Can you really love a job that doesn't equally compensate you? Isn't it a bit like loving a guy who doesn't love you back. Can you really hate the money if you have been accepting it for all these years? Isn't it a bit like eating oatmeal for breakfast every morning while hating oatmeal?

She blames the company, the boss, the economy. Anything to keep from looking at what is really happening here. I said, "Try loving the work a little less. Try loving the money a little more." Visualize yourself coming back into balance. Do some yoga. Start there. See how that feels. See what opens up.

If you have planets or points around 20 degrees of the cardinal signs - Aries, Cancer, Libra and Capricorn - you will be feeling the power struggles and issues around your security, your home, your work, your family. We are also being reminded that even though we might have coupled up - we still have our own individual journeys to walk here.

If you have planets or points around 20 degrees of the mutable signs - Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces - Saturn is pinning that space in your life to the wall with a pushpin the size of an elephant.

That insurmountable whatever-it-is has most likely been made insurmountable by our inability to face it earlier. It's grown like one of those snowballs that kids turn into Frosty's ass.

That's OK. We are where we are right now. Maybe it took urgent, to break down our resistance to facing whatever the hell this thing is. Go read The Hobbit or something about dragons and brave warriors. Mercury is still retrograde. Clean a closet. Clean all of them. When we don't have the answer either seek to clarify the question or shelve it ... for now.

xo all

4 comments

DancingMooney said...

This might not surprise you about me, but it sort of came to me out of the blue last week when I was visiting with my neighbor/friend who has a hobby business making soap and candles... she asked me if I missed making soap, and I said yes, in some ways I do. I miss the connections I had with my customers, I miss the steadyness of the work, and the income (even though it could feel like I'm working for peanuts sometimes) I miss my own soaps too. I also during that time had been thinking about my financial goals for the new year, and it sort of smacked me in the face that if I just went back to doing what I've been doing, make it work better for me, simplify, I've already built DancingMooney, I don't need to keep changing her. I can see it all differently now. No more wedding favors, simplify the scent list, only one bar size, get a portable dishwasher... "Try loving the work a little less. Try loving the money a little more."

I can really relate to your friend's work situation.

I don't know why for so long, I worked SO hard, but felt like I wasn't ever going to make any real money. I don't know why I couldn't get that sticky money thing to work for me before, but I get it now.

When I quit soap earlier this year, I thought I was done for good... but other things got in the way and I ended up in hiatus for most of 2016... now that I'm feeling well again (thank goodness!!) I'm starting to get back to the old me again, and am able to see things from a fresh perspective...

Sorry this is getting wordy. I just feel such relief right now! And literally, a fresh brand new beginning. It's empowering. ♥

Wishing you much love and many blessings this year Cat.
xoxo.

Catherine Ivins said...

I am so glad you are in such a good space and feeling so empowered! YAY! I loved reading this and am so glad you are feeling better. My symptoms have lessened also. Wishing you love and blessings in 2017, too Janell! xo

lynn bowes said...

Janell, you make some interesting points! By not catering to what other people think your work should be, you can get back to the meat of what you know your work to be. Simplifying is just another way to get back to what really works for you instead of chasing others' ideas, much in the same way that copying someone's ideas or designs really never quite succeeds.

I easily can shift this into my own work and it is a good way to look at it. I'm never as happy (in fact, it's uber-stressful!) when I have commissions on the table that are a stretch from what I really do. Just be true to what you do should be my mantra for the coming year!

Cat, I saw myself in the picture you drew of your friend and her love/hate job situation. Someday I'll tell you about my years as a flight attendant and the ridiculous amount of money I made the first year (less than $1000 a month) just to have a job that was my dream job. And I drove 200 miles each way, every week, from Lincoln to Kansas City so I could commute to Denver. What was I thinking?

A slow learner :: lynn

DancingMooney said...

Lynn, I am often a slow learner too... Cat has watched me do this for years. :)

I'm on the same page as you about being true to what you do. My words for the year are 'choose joy'... very similar. :)

I think we will get where we are trying to go.

One of my favorite Maya Angelou quotes is something about, "do the best you can until you know better, then when you know better, do better." :)

ohhh i should post that on my instagram. ♥

Love to you ladies! Keep the faith! :)